Terms and Conditions
- Specific Service means a visa or immigration-related service or matter, or enrolment or recruitment-related service or matter;
- Website means the Website provided by T-event Australia which allows You to view or order or otherwise deal with services, products or goods provided or offered T-event Australia; which includes https://events-us.com or any other web service, software, application or media managed by T-event Australia or its agents or representatives;
- You or Your means the person, firm or organisation (including You) entering into or that has entered into a contract, transaction, or arrangement to obtain or make use of services, products or goods provided or offered by T-event Australia or its agents or representatives.
3. Collecting Personal Information
T-event Australia may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- passport or visa details;
- family member details;
- academic information (including transcripts, English language proficiency certificates);
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address, standard web log information and page interaction information;
- details of the services, products and goods T-event Australia has provided to You or that You have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those services, products and goods and respond to Your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to You that You provide to T-event Australia directly through the Website or indirectly through Your use of the Website or through other websites or accounts from which You permit T-event Australia to collect information;
- information You provide to T-event Australia (or its agents or representatives) through customer surveys;
- personal information based on Your activities on the Website; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate Your dealings with T-event Australia.
We will only collect sensitive personal information about You if we have Your express or implied consent or if the law otherwise permits it.
The types of sensitive information that we may collect include:
1. racial or ethnic origin;
2. political opinions;
3. criminal record;
4. financial situation (including income or remuneration details); or
5. health and medical information relating to Your current and previous health status, current and previous medical conditions and dietary requirements (where applicable).
T-event Australia may collect personal information when You:
- register on, or make use of, the Website;
- request a service, product or good from T-event Australia; or
- communicate with T-event Australia through correspondence, chats, email, or when You share information with T-event Australia from other social applications, services or websites.
- When You provide Your personal information to T-event Australia to request a service or product from us (or our representatives or agents), Your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. These details are captured using a secure service.
If You provide us with sensitive information, we will only retain such information if:
- You have consented to the collection of the information and it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one of our functions, services or activities;
- collection of the information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order, or
- collection of the information is authorised for other purposes permitted under the Privacy Act – this includes where we suspect that unlawful activity, or serious misconduct, relating to our functions, services or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in.
4. Use of Personal Information
1 T-event Australia may collect, hold, use and disclose Your personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact You;
- to conduct T-event Australia 's business or provide You with services or products requested by You;
- to enable You to access and use the Website;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Website, the business of T-event Australia or related companies, and T-event Australia 's user experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send You service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts;
- to send You information requested by You;
- to prepare or lodge a visa application;
- to prepare or lodge university/college (include such other educational institution) applications and other enrolment applications;
- the lodgement of language proficiency tests;
- providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to migration agents, educational institutions or bodies (including universities and colleges), Department of Home Affairs or such other similar bodies or institutions;
- to send You marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to You, including information sent by, or on behalf of, T-event Australia business partners or related companies that T-event Australia think You may find interesting;
- verify the information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of verification with third parties);
- to comply with T-event Australia legal obligations, resolve any disputes that T-event Australia may have with any of T-event Australia customers or You, and enforce T-event Australia agreements with You or any third parties;
- to manage T-event Australia relationship with You, including providing You with updates about the services or products that You have requested from us or responding to Your enquiries;
- for other purposes directed by You;
- for other purposes authorised under an Australian Law or to ensure that we comply with our obligations under European Union Member State law (if relevant).
5. Accessing your personal information
1. You can access the personal information T-event Australia holds about you by contacting T-event Australia using the information on the Website. T-event Australia may need to verify Your identity when You request Your personal information.
2. Sometimes, T-event Australia may not be able to provide you with access to all of Your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell You why. Examples of when access may be denied include:
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person;
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- access would be unlawful
- We will take all reasonable steps to provide access within 30 days of Your request.
- We reserve the right to impose reasonable charges about the following:
- access to electronic databases;
- postage; or
- other costs of obtaining access to information.
6. Correcting your personal information
- If You think that any personal information T-event Australia holds about You is inaccurate, please contact T-event Australia and T-event Australia will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
- You may request that T-event Australia notify certain third parties of changes to Your personal information.
7. Failure to provide personal information?
- You are not obliged to give us Your personal information.
- If You choose not to provide us with the required personal information, we may be unable to provide you with the service or product requested.
8. Disclosure of Personal Information
- Department of Home Affairs and such other similar bodies or institutions;
- Universities, colleges, TAFE and such other similar bodies or institutions;
- T-event Australia 's employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of T-event Australia Website or T-event Australia business or in connection with providing T-event Australia products and services to You);
- professional advisers or consultants, dealers and agents;
- web hosting providers and IT systems administrators,
- debt collectors and payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition;
- anyone to whom T-event Australia assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by You to receive information held by T-event Australia; or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
- Australia; and
- such other countries referred to on our Website.
- Where You provide T-event Australia with Your personal information for a Specific Service on Your behalf or behalf of another person, T-event Australia may be required to provide such personal information to such visa/immigration or enrolment/recruitment providers You have selected or that are required for the purposes of completing an application for a Specific Service or providing other services or products to You (Other Providers). T-event Australia has limited (or no) control over how Other Providers use, disclose or store personal information. You must ensure that You understand and agree with Other Providers' privacy practices or policies before You provide T-event Australia with any of Your personal information.
9. Using our Website and cookies
- T-event Australia may collect personal information about You when You use and access the Website.
- While T-event Australia does not use browsing information to identify You personally, we may record certain information about Your use of the Website, such as which pages You visit, the time and date of Your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to Your device.
- T-event Australia may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on the Website that help T-event Australia track Your website usage and remember Your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on Your computer, TV, mobile phone or other devices. They enable the entity that put the cookie on Your device to recognise You across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through Your internet browser, but the Website may not work as intended for you.
- By using the Website, you agree to T-event Australia placing cookies on Your device and accessing them when You visit the Website in the future.
- T-event Australia may hold Your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
- T-event Australia takes reasonable steps to protect Your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, T-event Australia has an extensive firewall and intruder detection systems to constantly monitor online traffic and financial transactions. However, T-event Australia cannot guarantee the security of Your personal information. Therefore, you acknowledge that You provide T-event Australia with Your personal information at Your own risk.